We are beloved companions on a mystic journey, sharing our solitude and holding the world in the divine prayer of love.

"Place your mind before the mirror of eternity! Place your soul in the brilliance of glory. Place your heart in the figure of the divine substance. And transform your whole being into the image of the Godhead Itself through contemplation."
- from St. Clare's third letter to Blessed Agnes of Prague.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wind and Rain of Imagination

Wind woke us this morning, rattling the house, making St. Momo a little nervous, and enlivening the chimes hanging on the 400 year old oak in the back yard of Casa Chiara. Now the rain falls, and I am reminded of the wonder of imagination. Last night we had our weekly Buncum Mystics meeting with James and Lorie. (Buncum is the little ghost town about a mile from our houses). James brought CDs of talks on imagination recorded by John O'Donohue before his untimely death a few years ago. I wanted to take notes because of my hope to keep his words, to wonder at their meaning, to spin them into my spirit. But by doing so, I frustrated my equally powerful need to let those words wash over me like rain, to let them be the wind I breathe.

A mystical life is nourished by surrendering to the wind and rain of imagination. Imagination gives rise to wonder. Wonder hears the Call of the Divine One.

No comments:

Post a Comment